Homicide – Murder, Manslaughter & Negligent Homicide
Charges involving the death of another human being are the most serious in terms of legal jeopardy. In Oklahoma, the death penalty or life imprisonment are a distinct possibility for any defendant charged with Capital Murder or First Degree Murder. Stephen Jones & Associates has decades of experience as a homicide defense attorney and an established track record of success defending against some of the most controversial and unpopular charges in Oklahoma history.
Every homicide case requires a unique approach based on the specific facts of the case and the charges filed. However, for every homicide case, there are some key components to mounting a successful defense.
- Extensive knowledge of forensic science and experience with forensic experts
- The use of private investigators, researchers and other expert witnesses
- Putting together an accurate timeline of events surrounding the crime
- Knowing how to select a jury and eliminate potential jurors who might carry a bias
Stephen Jones & Associates has as much or more homicide defense law experience than any law firm in Oklahoma with these key components of homicide defense. Crimes where one or more persons were killed due to the action or actions of another person or persons require specific knowledge of the criminal justice system and the kinds of defenses that are allowed by law. Whether you are guilty or innocent, you need a murder defense lawyer that will aggressively defend you and make certain that every option available to you is considered as part of your overall defense strategy.
Stephen Jones & Associates defends clients charged with muder, manslaughter or homicide. We understand that there are emotional challenges with victims’ families, as well as our client’s family. We also understand how to set aside those emotions and deal with prosecutors based on facts and the law.
We have tried numerous homicide cases, and negotiated plea deals for clients charged with murder, manslaughter or negligent homicide. Our firm has handled appeals in both federal and Oklahoma courts. Our ability to find and leverage expert witnesses is unparalleled in Oklahoma and nationally. We have even called on experts from Asia and Europe in defense of our clients. We are the best and most dedicated homicide defense attorneys that a client could find.
If you are charged with or under investigation for any of the following, Stephen Jones & Associates can provide the most aggressive and knowledgeable representation you will find:
- Capital Murder
- Murder with Malice or Intentional Murder
- First Degree Murder & First Degree Felony Murder
- Second Degree Murder & Second Degree Felony Murder
- Do we need anything on the 85% punishment rules? And should that be in the narrative and not in the list of potential homicide charges?
- First Degree Manslaughter
- Manslaughter in the Heat of Passion
- First Degree Manslaughter in the Commission of a Misdemeanor
- Second Degree Manslaughter
- Negligent Homicide
Return to Practice Areas
Contact Stephen Jones And Associates
Stephen Jones thinks outside of the box. He is imaginative, creative with Federal Crimes prior to indictment. We try to be always prepared, discreet and reasonable. All inquiries made through this website will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.